In 2016-17, our Rotary Foundation turns 100. That’s a century of Rotary members changing lives and improving communities all over the world. And that’s definitely something worth celebrating.
Through our Foundation, Rotary members have supported thousands of projects to provide clean water, fight disease, promote peace, provide basic education, and grow local economies. We’ve also been a leader in the fight to eradicate polio worldwide.
The centennial is the perfect time to share this impressive record with the world. Join us in making sure that every Rotary member and people in every community know about the vital work of Rotary and its Foundation.
Ways to celebrate
Here are just a few ways you can join in and commemorate this historic milestone:
- Plan a special Rotary Day and invite everyone in your community to participate. It can be anything from a concert to a race to a birthday party with a giant cake in the shape of the Rotary wheel.
- Hold a fundraiser in your community to support a Foundation grant project, the Rotary Peace Centers, or PolioPlus.
- Organize or participate in a global grant or district grant project.
- Promote your club or district projects that are funded by the Foundation.
- Dedicate some club meetings to Rotary Foundation topics.
- Challenge members to increase your club’s contributions to the Foundation.
Download Centennial resources here