The Rotary Foundation Funding and Contributions
Annual Program Fund Contributions
The cornerstone for funding of Rotary Foundation Programs:
- Contributions by Clubs and individuals count towards Paul Harris Fellow Recognition, Multiple Paul Harris Fellow Recognition or Major Donor Recognition as do Every Rotarian Every Year (EREY) – Centurions and Paul Harris Society membership.
- Clubs are able to significantly leverage their capacity for humanitarian work through funds from The Rotary Foundation and the highest possible Club contributions to The Rotary Foundation are encouraged.
- Note that Contributions to Grants, the Permanent Fund, PolioPlus or other restricted funds do not count towards the Annual Program Fund for a Club.
Chair: Chris Don (Chadstone East Malvern)
Every Rotarian Every Year
- All Rotarians are encouraged to contribute to the Every Rotarian Every Year (EREY) program. Consider making an annual donation of A$100 or more to be recognised as a Centurion member (tax deductible if eligible).
Coordinator: Bernie McIntosh (Melbourne)
The Paul Harris Society of District 9800
- The Rotary Foundation recognises as a Paul Harris Society Member anyone who contributes annually to The Rotary Foundation, a minimum of US$1,000.
- These contributions are eligible for tax deductibility.
- Special events in recognition of members are held annually and hosted by the District Governor.
Download the Paul Harris Society membership form click here
Chair: PDG Gordon McKern OAM (Eaglehawk)
Deputy Chair: Roger Thornton (Central Melbourne Sunrise)
Major Donor Recognition
- The Rotary Foundation recognises as Major Donors, individuals or couples whose combined personal or outright cumulative contributions have reached US$10,000, regardless of gift designation.
Chair: PDG Gordon McKern OAM (Eaglehawk).
Endowment Fund Programs
Donors can choose structured gifts to be made after their lifetimes, and take advantage of financial and tax benefits. The principal of a gift to the Endowment Fund is never spent, so a portion of the earnings will always be available for Foundation programs. This program is to:
- Inform Rotarians of planned giving opportunities.
- Work with club presidents to recognise current Benefactors and Bequest Society members.
- Coordinate the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of potential donors in support of the Endowment.
- Nurture relationships with Benefactors and Bequest Society members.