The Royce and Jean Abbey Endowment Fund
- The fund was established in recognition of Royce Abbey AO DCM, President Rotary International 1988/89 with the monetary support of his 1988/89 District Governors.
- The earnings of the fund are used for humanitarian projects to enhance the capabilities of food producers, foresters and other agricultural and environmental researchers and university teachers who are brought to Australia to learn new skills that they can use in their home countries. Since 2001 the fund has sponsored scholarships in excess of US$75,000.
- Fellowships are awarded to a maximum of A$12,000 and cover travel, accommodation and educational costs for a period of up to three months for the selected awardee.
Chair: PDG Don Jago (Camberwell)
The Royce Abbey Awards Program
This prestigious program recognises a Club member who shows commitment, enthusiasm and outstanding service to the ideals of Rotary.
- Selection is made by each Club’s Board on the recommendation of the Club President.
- A contribution of A$1,000 to The Royce and Jean Abbey Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarship supports the award.
- The 2016-2017 District target is 25 new awardees.
Coordinator: Roger Leask (Essendon)